This Top 10 Best Movie Fireworks Scenes list was put together by Tyler Norman, an avid fireworks lover as well as an independent filmmaker and screenwriter who recently did a short film which was produced by John Travolta's brother Joey (in post-production on this). Tyler is also working on getting his first feature film project up and going.
10. CONEHEADS (1993) - Is this what fireworks look like on other planets?
9. JOE DIRT (2001) - I'd rank this higher if it wasn't all talk, but still a classic scene.
8. MEET JOE BLACK (1998) - Jim Souza was actually hired to do this one.
7. DANNY DECKCHAIR (2003) - A man in a chair strapped to hundreds of balloons flies straight through a volley of fireworks.
6. SHANGHAI KNIGHTS (2003) - A huge fireworks display in 1890's London is the site of the film's final battle. In one scene we get a live 6" mortar hoisted over one's shoulder and used as a bazooka.
5. THE BOY WHO COULD FLY (1986) - During a dream sequence, a fireworks display is witnessed close-up in the clouds. One of the greatest "movie magic" scenes ever.
4. THE SANDLOT (1993) - A group of kids use the light from a July 4th fireworks display to play baseball at night. A double whammy of classic Americana.
3. MARY POPPINS (1964) - Who can forget this one? A wannabe "pirate captain" uses a horizontal volley of fireworks to break up a rooftop dance sequence. Impressive effects for the '60s.
2. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING (2001) - Want some really unusual and impressive fireworks? Get Gandalf to come to your next party.
1. V FOR VENDETTA (2006) - Hands down the most powerful and effective use of pyrotechnics in any film story. I will never forget the chills I got watching this in the theater.
- 1991 movie "Dutch" with Ed O'neill, very funny stuff with a roman candle is all I'll say.
- "The 3 Amigos"- my personal favorite with castillos and an awesome soundtrack! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUw5HNYIBTs
-(pyro starts at 7:00 min)